Welcome to the 2022 options page. This section of the website is specifically for year 9 students and parents/carers to provide support and guidance through this year's options process.
Below you will find all of the information and key dates regarding the Year 9 options process.
- 2nd – 4th February - Students will be working in school on exercises which will help them prepare for the options process. During RE lessons students will complete the ‘Which Way Now’ options pack which is designed to help them link option choices to different career pathways.
- Monday 7th February - The 2022 options booklet will be available on the school website.
Please read through the information with your child making particular note on the curriculum content, assessment process and progression routes for any subjects your child is interested in.
- Monday 21st February - Students will also be able to request a careers interview with Miss Amdurer. Students need to inform their form tutors if they would like a personalised careers interview.
- Thursday 3rd March - We will be running a virtual career’s evening during which you will be able to speak to different subject leaders regarding the courses on offer. I will be writing separately with the arrangements for this event.
- Friday 4th March - Personalised option choice documentation Issued to all year 9 students.
- Wednesday 9th March - An assembly will be delivered to all year 9 students outlining the options process and how to complete the paperwork correctly. This presentation will also be available for parents and carers to view on the school website.
- Thursday 10th March - Year 9 parent’s evening will again be a virtual event and I will provide details on how to book appointments nearer the time.
- Friday 18th March - Deadline for return of option forms.
In the meantime should you have any enquiries please contact Miss Brown (Head of Year 9) or myself.
If you have any questions, please email Mr Thompson
or Miss Brown (Head of year 9)