Welcome to the 2023 options page. This section of the website is specifically for year 9 students and parents/carers to provide support and guidance through this year's options process.
Below you will find all of the information and key dates regarding the Year 9 options process.
- Wednesday January 18th - An assembly will be delivered to all year 9 students in order to launch the options process and to inform students on how to complete the paperwork correctly. This presentation will also be available for
parents and carers to view on the school website from 1st February.
- Monday 30th January to Friday 3rd February - Students will be working on exercises from the ‘which way now’
programme during form time. These exercises are designed to get students thinking and exploring different career paths
- Wednesday 1st February - The 2023 options booklet will be available on the school website. Please read through the information with your child making particular attention to the curriculum content, assessment process and progression routes for any subjects your child is interested in.
- Monday 13th February to Friday 17th March - Students will be able to request a careers interview with Miss Amdurer. Students need to inform their form tutors if they would like a personalised careers interview.
- Thursday 2nd March - We will be running an options evening in school during which you will be able to speak to different subject leaders regarding the courses on offer. Details of the evening will be provided nearer the time.
- Monday 6th March - Personalised option choice documentation will be issued to all year 9 students.
- Thursday 9th March - Year 9 parents evening will return to the traditional in school event. Details will be sent next half term.
- Friday 24th March - Deadline for return of options forms.
In the meantime please look through the Options 2023 booklet for more information.