Who is eligible for free school meals?
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income -based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income -related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run -on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To apply for Free School Meals please log into the following website where you will be asked for information relevant to your claim.
If you have a problem accessing the website, please contact school (Mrs Randall 0161 366 2680).
If your claim is refused you can bring evidence of benefits into the School reception and we will check if you are entitled.