Extra curricular activities are activities that fall outside the scope of your timetabled curriculum.
Getting involved in activities outside of school can help you meet new people with whom you share interests and improve your social skills as a result. Extra curricular activities also help you to expand your network, which is beneficial for finding career opportunities later in life.
Extra curricular clubs often require a regular time commitment such as being on a sports team, forming a student newspaper, playing the guitar in the school rock band or taking an online course on robotics.
What are the benefits of extracurricular activities?
1. They can lead to improved academic performance
2. They help you explore interests and create broader perspectives
3. They help promote higher self-esteem
4. They broaden your social opportunities
5. Provide productive breaks which can help you focus more in your academic curriculum
6. Help deliver essential life skills
7. Offer opportunities to develop real world skills including goal setting, teamwork, time management, prioritisation problem solving, analytical thinking, leadership and public speaking
8. Offer great additions to your CVs/ College and university applications
See the Extra Curriculum calendar below to find out what is on;